We will be creating a small still-life based on holly berries and leaves with the focus on composition and shapes. Acrylic paint is probably the best for this exercise.
Participants are asked to bring:
- one or two small gessoed boards or canvases (5"x7" or 6"x6" is good but no bigger than 8"x10" or 8"x8)
- water-based paints and palette plus medium (for acrylic painters).(Please, no oil paint. This exercise requires fast drying paint for best results.)
- colours suggested: yellow, red, green, blue and white.
- two or three brushes (bring your favourites but size 5 to 7 flats are good for this project)
- sketch book or paper and willow charcoal or pencil if you like to design on paper before transferring it to the canvas
- paper towels, apron, water container, any gear you can't live without
- camera, sense of humour and plans to have fun!